- Worldwide, 47 million people are living with dementia.
- The annual global cost of dementia is $604 billion in U.S. dollars.
- The number of people living with dementia worldwide is set to skyrocket to 76 million by 2030.
- Every 67 seconds someone in the United States develops Alzheimer’s.
- Alzheimer’s disease is the sixth leading cause of death in the United States.
- Alzheimer’s is the only cause of death in the top 10 that can’t be prevented, cured or slowed.
It’s important to know the facts about Alzheimer’s. Alzheimer’s is a brain disease that causes a slow decline in memory, thinking and reasoning skills. The Alzheimer’s Association has put together a list of 10 warning signs and symptoms. Each person may experience one or several of these symptoms in varying degrees. Have a professional examine you if you experience any of the symptoms. Click here to review the list.
Select Home Care Pasadena specializes in Alzheimer’s and dementia home care. If your loved one is affected by dementia, please call Select Home Care Pasadena at 888-990-7353 to set up a free consultation.