To promote quality in-home care and enhance the home care industry, the California Association for Health Services at Home (CAHSAH) offers a Home Care Aide (HCA) Organization Certification Program for in-home care providers who meet specific standards. Providing safe in-home care for Pasadena seniors is the priority for Select Home Care Pasadena and we are proud to be a certified member of CAHSAH.
The CAHSAH HCA certification program ensures that:
- Providers have general and professional liability insurance
- Providers have workers’ compensation insurance
- Caregivers are employees, not independent contractors
- Caregivers are given pre-employment background screenings
- Providers carry crime/employee dishonesty bond
- Caregivers are given a pre-employment tuberculosis screening
- Providers must provide written agreements with clients, including fee schedule
You can take comfort in knowing that Select Home Care Pasadena meets or exceeds all of the CAHSAH requirements. Below are some of the ways we ensure safe in-home care for Pasadena seniors.
- Our caregivers go through a rigorous hiring, screening, and training process
- All caregivers are required to participate in continuing education each month
- Caregivers are trained in identifying and reporting changes in service needs and health conditions.
- Many of our caregivers are CNA’s or HHA
- We require a minimum of 2-5 years of professional experience as a home care provider
- All our senior care plans are overseen by a social worker, LVN and geriatric care manager
- Support services are provided through 24/7 phone line with a manager on duty at all times
- With our acute care clients, an added level of monitoring is provided through Life Line at no additional cost for selected clients
Making the right decision for safe in-home care for Pasadena seniors can be difficult. Rest assured that your senior loved one is in good hands with Select Home Care Pasadena. For more information, contact us at 626-799-4855 or visit our Web site.
More About CAHSAH
The California Association for Health Services at Home is a nonprofit association representing California’s home care providers. Established in 1966, CAHSAH is one of the oldest and largest state home care associations with a long tradition of service dedicated to promoting quality home care and enhancing the effectiveness of the home care industry.
Today, CAHSAH comprises approximately 584 members and 1,031 direct providers of health and supportive services and products in the home.